Champions Podcast - Episode 8 - Mo Isom Former LSU Soccer Star (Part 2)

In episode 8, Mike and his guest co-host and wife Shannon share the second part of their interview with former LSU soccer star Mo Isom. Some of the notes from part 2:
  • Mo shares about a year of depression and anxiety and how she was searching for, "Any sin sized piece to fill the God-sized hole in my heart."
  • She shared how God literally used wrecking her to capture her heart.
  • Psalm 46:10- "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
  • "Jesus didn't die on the cross for my sins. He died on the cross BECAUSE of my sins"
  • She shares about how one of the ways the enemy can distract us is by not allowing us to face any adversity so it causes us to not understand a need for God, Jesus or the still small voice.
  • "At the core, I am a sinner in need of a savior"
  • One question many of us ask is what does the faith walk cost me? It doesn't matter cause look at what I gained.
  • One of the places Mo gained community was through the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • "We are not just here, we are His.
  • Verses that have impacted Mo
    • Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
    • John 16:33- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
    • Romans 5:3-5- Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
  • She shares about her journey trying out for LSU football
  • We have another Eli Wants to Know and Coaches Corner.
This is a jam-packed episode that we trust God is going to do mighty things through. If you enjoy listening, please subscribe, like, leave a review and share. We want to make sure we get these incredible ONLY God testimonies in places that people can hear and be impacted by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Champions Podcast Episode 14 - Blake Koch, former Nascar Driver

Champions Podcast - Episode 9 - LaMorris Crawford - Cincinnati Bengals Team Chaplain

Champions Podcast - Episode 1